Build Your Team
Most Popular Tags
Offshore IT Contracting
Offshore Outsourcing enables companies to link and build a bridge between a highly skilled, readily available IT workforce in one country, to meet their own IT requirements in a local market that is experiencing high demand and short supply for IT skills (and all the problems associated with such market dynamics).
In today's global economy, companies cannot afford for outsourcing not to be included in their strategic plans, and Nearshoring is an effective strategy that requires minimal investment for companies in people, company culture and technology.
Nearshoring refers to the practice of engaging an IT workforce in one country, located in a similar timezone, to meet the IT requirements in a local market that is experiencing high demand and short supply. Nearshoring allows companies to gain a greater ROI from their workforce by realizing economies of scale not normally achieved with their own internal people. Including:
- access to a labour market that has skills not available locally,
- better control and management of a lower cost resource base,
- infinite scaleability of the business,
- ability to turn the Nearshore workforce on and off as dictated by project demand
How 3W operates
3W offers clients access to their Nearshore Development Facility located in Manila (Philippines), giving them access to an infinitely wider talent pool to tap into.
3W’s Nearshore Development Centre provides flexible delivery options, allowing clients to:
- access from as few as 1 resource to as many as a team of 30,
- have key Project Managers based locally and managing a team of designers, coders or testers off-shore, OR
- have an entire team based in the Philippines and managed by team leads who have received on-site, local training and induction.
3W has based their development center in the Philippines as it provides an outstanding alternative in the global outsourcing market with advantages such as:
- a mature IT outsourcing industry with globally competitive service providers,
- a western tertiary education system producing high quality IT graduates,
- a population where English is a first language,
- a cultural outlook that is similar to that of western countries, and
- a geographic and time proximity that sits well with the Australian working week.
With more than a decade of experience with the skilled IT labour market in the Philippines, 3W is well positioned to assist local Australian organisations who are looking to reduce overheads while maintaining their IT service levels. The benefits of the Philippines as a Nearshore destination for IT outsourcing, including cost-savings of up to 50%, can be readily achieved from the budgets of most organisations, regardless of their size.
3W is well positioned to help organisations explore the benefits of the Nearshore revolution. This could range from advice and input around feasibility and strategic fit, to hand-holding through a first Nearshore engagement.
For a more indepth look at Nearshoring please see our downloadable whitepaper OR contact 3W today so we can discuss further how your organisation could benefit from a Nearshoring arrangement.